On 26 Apr 2010, at 6:19am, Navaneeth Sen B wrote:

>> If you feel like you really have to purchase a license for SQLite,
>> Hwaci <http://www.hwaci.com/>, the company that employs the architect
>> and principal developers of SQLite, will sell you one
>> <http://www.hwaci.com/cgi-bin/license-step1>.
>>

> Could somebody explain to me this paragraph?

Under US law you are allowed to use SQLite without making any special
arrangements to obtain a license.  However, some companies find it impossible
to do business in this way (usually for one of the reasons listed on that
page), so if your company wants to purchase a license, arrangements have been
made to sell one to it.

> I also need clarification on the below quote :
>> using SQLite in a jurisdiction that does not recognize the public domain.

The legal systems in some countries do not accept the idea of public domain.
In those countries all intellectual property is owned by someone (a company or
a person).  To find out if India is one of them, consult a qualified Indian
lawyer.

Simon.