At 14:31 26/04/2010, you wrote:

>If the implementation of SQLite you are using overrides the LIKE operator
>(as more than a few do), then SQLite will not make use of an index on the
>column in question. Use the GLOB operator instead.

I doubt it.  GLOB is absolutely nothing more or less than an invokation
of the same code for LIKE but with slightly different
parameters.  Except if people have made a completely differing version,
departing from the architecture of the standard SQLite code (and there
is little reason to, if any) AND have made LIKE and GLOB two completely
distinct functions, there shouldn't be any significant difference in
running time (for equivalent queries, of course).

Also if ever LIKE is overloaded, then GLOB gets excluded from standard
optimization, except large changes in SQLite code.