We are using Redhat, which tends to lag behind in some versioning --
we want to use the latest version of Subversion 1.6.x, which in turn
requires a newer version of Sqlite -- RHEL has an older version
present, which in turn is a dependency for a slew of other subsystems
(so uninstalling it would be disastrous).

My question is essentially whether multiple versions of Sqlite can be
safely installed on the system without creating a conflict.  I'm going
to "guess" that I can, especially if the newer lib is under /usr/local
and I point the ./configure process to it.

Anyone have experience with this?

Thanks.