That sounds about right, but you should ensure that LD_LIBRARY_PATH is set
to reflect the appropriate sqlite lib folder each time you run something
that requires this, eg, your latest subversion install.

Goodluck,
Paul

On Mon, Apr 26, 2010 at 1:30 PM, Forrie <for...@gmail.com> wrote:

> We are using Redhat, which tends to lag behind in some versioning --
> we want to use the latest version of Subversion 1.6.x, which in turn
> requires a newer version of Sqlite -- RHEL has an older version
> present, which in turn is a dependency for a slew of other subsystems
> (so uninstalling it would be disastrous).
>
> My question is essentially whether multiple versions of Sqlite can be
> safely installed on the system without creating a conflict.  I'm going
> to "guess" that I can, especially if the newer lib is under /usr/local
> and I point the ./configure process to it.
>
> Anyone have experience with this?
>

> Thanks.

Paul Rigor
Pre-doctoral BIT Fellow and Graduate Student
Institute for Genomics and Bioinformatics
Donald Bren School of Information and Computer Sciences
University of California, Irvine
http://www.ics.uci.edu/~prigor