On Tue, May 4, 2010 at 11:19 AM, Kavita Raghunathan
<kavita.raghunat...@skyfiber.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> What’s the simplest way to encrypt only certain rows in an sqlite DB? If
> there is no way to do this (for storing passwords etc),

You certainly mean some or all columns in all the rows, don't you?
Well, no matter -- you can encrypt any column in any row using any one
way hashing algorithm. Good enough for routine password storage, etc.

> I would like to know the best way to encrypt the whole sqlite DB. (Prefer
> only encrypting some rows, but if this introduces complexity, I’m willing to
> encrypt the whole database)

The sqlite developer sells a proprietary encryption mechanism for a
very reasonable price. While the sqlite source code is in public
domain, the encryption-enabled source code is not in public domain.
So, if you buy it, you are supposed to NOT resell or redistribute it.
I have no experience with it, but from occasional hearsay, it is
supposed to be just as good as sqlite itself, so probably worth every
cent spent on it.

Puneet Kishor http://www.punkish.org
Carbon Model http://carbonmodel.org