On Mon, Jun 7, 2010 at 7:31 PM, Daniel Stutzbach <
dan...@stutzbachenterprises.com> wrote:

> I'm the author of a small Windows application that embeds SQLite.  I'm
> currently using version 3.5.9 with PRAGMA locking_mode = EXCLUSIVE
> and PRAGMA journal_mode = TRUNCATE.  I just received a crash report from a
> user with the dreaded error: "database disk image is malformed".
>
> My application is multi-threaded, although only the main thread calls
> SQLite
> functions (the other threads do non-DB stuff).

You didn't mention your language/development tools. It would help also.

I also suggest to implement artificial tests like constantly emulating user
actions in your program. Once it helped me to find the cause of the same
corruption error. It would be some dev-only menu item that activates a loop
constantly reading randomly and writing randomly until specially
interrupted. While the program reads and writes you check PRAGMA
integrity_check; from time to time and stop if result shows corruption.
If you can't reproduce the problem on your machine you can send specially
prepared version to the user and ask him to perform the similar actions

Max Vlasov,
maxerist.net