Pavel Ivanov <paiva...@...> writes:

[...]

> And as no one experienced problems like yours before then I guess we
> can switch contexts and now "frontend" will mean the app that uses
> this ODBC driver (probably you use it through some wrapper or
> something else is standing in the way).

o.k. - good hint: I tried the same with MS ACCESS and had no problem; so the
problem is an ODBC-app-problem (like you already wrote)
But I can't change my frontend because I have to do it with OpenOffice Base (and
I have at least my dissatisfying trigger solution)

> I think you should reduce your
> case to some few calls to ODBC and post it here if it still doesn't
> work.

I don't know what exactly you mean but I reduced the problem by dropping much
SQL-Code and leaving the necessary rest:

step 1: produce the tables
----------------------------

CREATE TABLE doesntwork(
id            INTEGER PRIMARY KEY AUTOINCREMENT,
someint       INTEGER,
sometext      TEXT,
UNIQUE(someint)
);

INSERT INTO doesntwork(someint,sometext) VALUES(2,'Douglas Adams');

CREATE TABLE works(
id            INTEGER PRIMARY KEY AUTOINCREMENT,
someint       INTEGER,
sometext      TEXT
);

INSERT INTO works(someint,sometext) VALUES(1,'Hitchhikers guide to galaxy');
INSERT INTO works(someint,sometext) VALUES(2,'Douglas Adams');

step2: create the DSN with the ODBC-driver from
http://www.ch-werner.de/sqliteodbc/

step 3: try to delete/update records from the table "doesntwork" from within the
frontend (OpenOffice 3.2.1)

The result from within Base is as the tablename indicates (doesn't work). And
from that point I don't know what to do besides saying: "that has to be an error
in the ODBC-driver".

Oliver