On Tue, Jun 29, 2010 at 11:46:34AM -0400, Tim Romano scratched on the wall:

> The core concern, at least as I see it, is the undesirable effects of
> sharing data between implementations that do not handle INT and INTEGER
> primary keys compatibly.

  The only known program that can read SQLite database files is SQLite.
  In the SQLite world, INT and INTEGER are the same.  The only way to
  get the SQL generated by CREATE TABLE ... SELECT back out of an
  SQLite database is to dump the data into a SQL text file.  If you read
  that SQL back into SQLite, it will know exactly what to do with it.

  If you read that SQL into any other database, all best are off, and
  this is the very least of your compatibility concerns.

   -j

"Intelligence is like underwear: it is important that you have it,
 but showing it to the wrong people has the tendency to make them
 feel uncomfortable." -- Angela Johnson