If cross-implementation portability is a stated design goal, Adobe's
departure from the "authoritative" behavior is indeed a bug.  If
cross-implementation portability is not "officially" supported but is simply
something that users might expect and attempt, then Adobe's departure from
the authoritative behavior is just a pothole on the lonely highway.

I don't know the particulars of how it happened.  I think Adobe may not have
envisioned SQLite database files created outside of AIR being used in AIR
apps.  They were probably thinking in terms of  "local storage" databases
instantiated and defined through the AIR API.

No, I am not asking SQLite to "emulate an error" in Adobe's code. Rather I
am suggesting this: if SQLite is going to distinguish in any way between INT
and INTEGER on primary key definitions, the CREATE TABLE X as SELECT...
syntax ought not to produce a table with an INT primary key if the prototype
had INTEGER.

Regards
Tim Romano
Swarthmore PA