> > Simon, you gave an interesting explanation, but does this rule work in
> > general? I mean there are many models, many sizes and so on.
>
> Don't know.  You could test it.  Write a program that creates a file half
> the size of the drive, then writes to random parts of it timing each
> command.  If all the write commands take about the same amount of time then
> it doesn't work the way I described.  I just repeated the description I had
> read of the way SSD drives work.

Thanks, that what I thought )
SSD is an interesting thing to research especially in sqlite perspective,
for example, for reading it's access times that makes SSD winner, so
probably reading large sqlite database randomly can have some benefits being
used on SSD, but I don't know of any real world measurements. Do you know
any?

Max