Hi there.

I've been playing around with sqlite.
Very impressed so far.
Using 3.5.6 in windows developing with Clarion.

My question(s)
If I want to use the "insert or replace" to populate my database of
around 1 million records.
And I want to do it as fast as possible.
What are all the tricks I can use?

I've read http://web.utk.edu/~jplyon/sqlite/SQLite_optimization_FAQ.html
And looked at some of the various pragmas.

But would PRAGMA locking_mode = EXCLUSIVE for instance give me an extra
speed increase?
Do we have a page in www.sqlite.org dedicated to speed optimization?

I currently use the following pragma's (for speed)
temp_store = 2
page_size=4096
cache_size=8192
synchronous=off

Any others I could try?

I also wrap my statements (about 500 inserts at a time) with a begin/end
transaction.
After these 500 i take a few seconds to read more data so sqlite should
have time to do any housekeeping it might need.

I had a count(*) to check how many inserts was actually done(4 progress
bar) - and this slowed my down very much.
Took it out, and want to use "select total_changes() " to keep track of
inserts.
Any problem with that?

This is my 1st post here and I have a feeling I'm asking to many
questions at once? :-)

Cheers,
Werner

DISCLAIMER:
Everything in this email and its attachments relating to the official business
of Face Technologies is proprietary to Face Technologies. It is confidential,
legally privileged and protected by law. The person addressed in the email is
the sole authorised recipient. Any unauthorized dissemination or copying of
this e-mail (or any attachment to this e-mail) or the wrongful disclosure of
the information herein contained is prohibited.