-----Original Message-----
From: sqlite-users-boun...@sqlite.org
[mailto:sqlite-users-boun...@sqlite.org] On Behalf Of John Drescher
Sent: Tuesday, July 13, 2010 12:37 PM
To: General Discussion of SQLite Database
Subject: Re: [sqlite] Sqlite Insert Speed Optimization

> I also wrap my statements (about 500 inserts at a time) with a
> begin/end transaction.
> After these 500 i take a few seconds to read more data so sqlite
> should have time to do any housekeeping it might need.

Wrap more into a transaction. 500 is too small of a percentage of a
million.

John
====================

John,

I was wondering if that's really so.  Wouldn't the marginal speed
improvement be quite small?  Is the percentage of the final rowcount
really a criterion?

I did find that the speed improvement was quite small, and to the user
it appears as if the machine is unresponsive.

DISCLAIMER:
Everything in this email and its attachments relating to the official business
of Face Technologies is proprietary to Face Technologies. It is confidential,
legally privileged and protected by law. The person addressed in the email is
the sole authorised recipient. Any unauthorized dissemination or copying of
this e-mail (or any attachment to this e-mail) or the wrongful disclosure of
the information herein contained is prohibited.