The signature of the VFS has changed slightly - the xShmOpen() method
has been removed.  Implementations are now expected to automatically
create the shared memory on the first call to xShmMap().  And the
xShmClose() method has been renamed to xShmUnmap().  A new snapshot
with these changes is now available in the usual place:

     http://www.sqlite.org/draft/download.html

The target release date for version 3.7.0 has slipped until 2010-07-22
(a slip of one week).  We were going to try to revise WAL so that it
worked as a read-only database if write permission to key files was
not available.  But that was going to turn out to be a big, error-
prone mess, and so we decided to back off and simply make it a
limitation of WAL that a database could not be read or written in WAL
mode if write permissions were lacking.  Additional explanation at

     http://www.sqlite.org/draft/wal.html#readonly

The documentation has also been enhanced (in a subsection immediately
following the section on read-only databases linked above) to explain
our decision to implement shared-memory using a mmapped file in the
same directory as the original database.  Comments and criticism of
this decision are encouraged.

Please evaluate the snapshot and provide feedback on this mailing
list.  The 2010-07-22 release date target assumes no more major
problems.  But we would rather encounter (and fix) a major problem
before the release rather than afterwards.  We will slip the release
again if necessary.  Your beta testing is *very* important.  Thanks!

D. Richard Hipp
d...@hwaci.com