>>> I'm sorry to ask this, but can you check for us whether a VIEW by that name
>>> really does exist ?  Don't forget, VIEWs get saved in the file, they're not
>>> part of the attachment.
>>
>> Yes it does
>
> So you are trying to create a VIEW which does already exist.  In that case,
> there's no mystery about why you're getting an error message.

Just to let conversation continue I'll quote Alan's earlier message in
this thread:

I replaced all the parameter placeholders with a quoted version of the
parameter and undertook the prepare statement again.

This time it reported that the view it would have created failed because
the table (view) already existed.

Note that he gets error when he prepares statement, not when executes them.

Pavel