On 8 Oct 2010, at 2:28pm, sjtirtha wrote:

> I do not have really C programming experience. But I have 8 years
> programming experience in
> several languages: PHP, JavaScript, Java, C++, ABAP
> And I'm willing to learn C.

Of all of those, if you can run Apache, the easiest one for you to start with
is probably one of the PHP interfaces.

> Concrete tasks what I have in my mind:
> 1. setup an development environment for SQLite (I'm using Ubuntu)
>    Do you have any preference which editor or IDE should I use?

Try this:

http://php.net/manual/en/book.sqlite3.php

> 2. Start looking for bugs that easy to fix, but nobody has time to fix it
>    Could you give me some hints which bugs are easy to fix for a
> starter like me?
>
> P.S. I just saw, there is developer mailing list for sqlite. Should I
> continue my query there?

The PS is a good way to get an answer to question 2, but you should get plenty
of practise as a user before starting to patch SQLite since there are many
aspects to it that may look weird until you get used to them.

Simon.