> Are you *sure* you aren't accidentally holding  a read transaction open
> somewhere?
> Do you have any other clues on how we can isolate the problem?  A test case
> that will we can run here, perhaps?

A am pretty certain that I am not accidentally holding a read
transaction open. I have my writing process that stays running. I
start up independent read processes
which open a connection, do a short sequence of reads, close the
connection, and then exit the process altogether. For this test, I
wait a bit in between kicking off
read processes to ensure the writer will kick off a checkpoint (with
my writing frequency, the checkpoints kick off pretty quickly).

I will triple check this and then look into sending you a stand alone
test case that you can run. I will target this for tomorrow. Where
should I send it?

I am running on Ubuntu 9.10, Linux 2.6.31-22-generic, i686

In order to make use of order by and limit support for delete which I
use for efficient purging of my oldest X records (which is not even
coming into play in my simple
read/write test discussed here), I had to build sqlite 3.7.3 from the
full source using -DSQLITE_ENABLE_UPDATE_DELETE_LIMIT=1

Best Regards,

Bob