On Sat, Oct 23, 2010 at 5:56 AM, Richard Hipp <d...@sqlite.org> wrote:

> Is that what you are seeing?
>
> Which filesystem are you using?

I think the misfeature even easier to reproduce than with the scenario Bob
wrote. If your admin has a "repeated query" feature, you even don't need
writing a single line of code.

sqlite 3.7.3 dll, windows 7 64bit

CREATE TABLE [TestTable] ([Id] INTEGER PRIMARY KEY AUTOINCREMENT)

1. One client repeated query, non-transacted loop, so takes several minutes
for 10,000 repeats

INSERT INTO TestTable DEFAULT VALUES

as sqlite itself does checkpointing from time to time and threshold is about
1000 pages, we have -wal growing to about 1,024K and stay at this size.

2. Another client,
minimize cache if you want to repeat the test afterwards: PRAGMA
cache_size=10;
do cross join after some inserts in the first client

SELECT Count(Null) FROM TestTable, TestTable

if this query is long enough (5 seconds and more) we will see -wal file
growing steadily until client 2 finishes. In my tests I con confirm growing
to 8M, 23M

Max Vlasov
maxerist.net