From: Bob Smith <bobs9...@...>
Date: 2010-10-21 22:55:05 GMT

> I might possibly have found an issue/concern with the way sqlite handles
> doing new writes to the WAL file during a time that checkpoints are unable
> to checkpoint data from the WAL file back into the database due to a reader
> being in the process of reading data from the WAL file. The result is the
> WAL file growing unbounded.

Having same issue with the SQLite (all vesions since July) under Windows
(XP/Vista/7). My server process opens SQLite database on startup, one thread
sometimes UPDATEs some records, other threads sometimes SELECTs (using one
shared handle), there no any INSERTs. WAL growing up to 400Mb!
(expecting <4Mb = 4Kb page *1000).

sqlite3_wal_checkpoint() or "pragma wal_checkpoint" helps only if I close
DB connection explicit after this operation.

--
Andrey Cherezov