On 16 Nov 2010, at 9:41pm, Piszcz, Al wrote:

> If a database file is created with 2.3.2 is it 'safe' to use with SQLITE3
> 3.7.x shell?
> When VACUUM is performed on 2.3.2 database file is with SQLITE 3.7.x are
> there any side effects?

THe database formats of SQLite version 2 and version 3 are not compatible.  You
should not try to do anything with a 3.x library on a 2.x database.  Sorry.

The format and libraries for version 3 were launched in 2004 so anything done
with version 2 is now at least 5 years old.  While I have never seen anyone say
that all support for version 2 will be discontinued, your format hasn't been
worked on for 5 years and you might consider moving up to version 3 sometime.
The conversion is not too difficult: use a version 2 shell tool to dump the
file as SQL commands and use a version 3 shell tool to start an empty database
and execute those commands to fill it with tables of data.

Simon.