Bob Keeland <keela...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> OK then I have a newbee question that is actually out of the scope of SQLite.
> If the only difference between C and C++ is the
> file extension, then what is the difference between C and C++?

Since the premise of the question is false, any conclusion whatsoever may
logically follow.

C and C++ are two separate languages, somewhat related but nevertheless
distinct. Just as it is customary to give Java sources a .java extension, it is
customary to give C sources a .c extension and C++ sources a .cpp or .cc or
sometimes .c++ extension. Just as the choice of file extension is not the only
difference between Java and C++ (or Python, or Perl, or whatever), it's not the
only difference between C and C++.

Igor Tandetnik