From: sqlite-users-boun...@sqlite.org on behalf of Max Vlasov
Sent: Thu 1/6/2011 9:55 AM
To: General Discussion of SQLite Database
Subject: Re: [sqlite] Corrupted database file.

On Thu, Jan 6, 2011 at 4:34 PM, Greg Morehead <gmoreh...@premiumpower.com>wrote:

> The results:
>
> integrity_check
>        "*** in database main ***
>        Main freelist: 1 of 153283 pages missing from overflow list
> starting at 166541
>        On tree page 190802 cell 90: 2nd reference to page 166691
>        On tree page 190802 cell 90: Child page depth differs
>        On page 190802 at right child: 2nd reference to page 166690"

I'm not the expert on these errors, but it's really possible they could
affect indexes that made your queries return invalid results. If your new db
doesn't return the same or other errors, it appears that b-tree copying
during VACUUM somehow fixed them. As for the source of the errors in the
data, there's a good section at
http://www.sqlite.org/lockingv3.html#how_to_corrupt explaining possible
scenarios. You can compare your case with this information and maybe find
the cause

Max Vlasov