On 10 Jan 2011, at 9:34pm, Bob Keeland wrote:

> Obviously I don't know what I'm doing with SQLite so I'll ask the question
> that shows my ignorance.
> What is the difference between what can or should be asked on this list and
> what should be directed to the System.Data.SQLite forum?

The easiest way is to pretend that the people on this list (the sqlite-users
one) have never used your operating system or programming language, and the
people on the System.Data.SQLite forum have never used the advanced features of
SQLite.  The question you asked refers in detail to .NET, particular setup
procedures, and OleDB.  None of those things are part of SQLite, and none of
them can be downloaded from the SQLite home site.  From our point of view,
they're not really part of the subject matter of this list.

It's possible that you'll find someone on this list who can answer your
question.  But it's more likely that you'll get better help from the other list
because those are the people who understand all the technical terms you used.
Had your question been about the syntax of a SQLite command, this list would be
better.

>  They seem to have duplicate purposes - helping people who are having
> problems.

I read quite a few technical fora like that but they don't have much overlap.
People who read one of the lists won't help me with the subject-matter of
another list because they just don't know about it, and the question would be
off-charter anyway.

Simon.