On 13 Jan 2011, at 9:59am, Madhurima . wrote:

> I am working on embedded system and the device has linux kernel with sqlite
> database. Wanted to know if the sqlite database can be partitioned with
> secure and normal partitions.
>
> How can the encryption be achieved for sqlite database file in linux.

Okay.  SQLite does not support that kind of partitioning.

You can buy some encryption addons for SQLite.  The best one is here:

<http://www.hwaci.com/sw/sqlite/see.html>

This one requires no change to the programming at all, so you can develop your
software with a plain database then switch to an encrypted one later.

Simon.