On 8 Feb 2011, at 6:12pm, Nathan Biggs wrote:

> I haven't tried that, but if we stop the application then restart it,
> everything works again.  That is until we get another Disk I/O error
> which happens the next day.
> I'm wondering if the virus scanner is blocking the database write.

Just as likely to be a hardware failure of some sort:

bad sector on the hard disk
hard disk about to fail
faulty cabling to hard disk
faulty hard disk controller

So just use your OS GUI to copy the database file.  That will read every block
in the file very fast and possibly trigger a fault.  If that happens, you know
it's not related to SQLite but an OS or hardware issue.

Simon.