Hello Nathan,

It could be hardware but, my experience with my users is that anything
weird like this is virus scanner of firewall related. You can suggest
that they try telling the V scanner to ignore the folder your data
resides in and see if it makes a difference. That's my normal
suggestion to my users. Solves the problems most of the time.

NB> That was exactly my thought.  But since it is at a customer's site, I
NB> have to prove that its their virus scanner that is causing the problems.

NB> On 2/8/2011 1:17 PM, Jim Morris wrote:
>>
>> Could a backup or virus scanning software be locking the database?
>>
>> On 2/8/2011 10:12 AM, Nathan Biggs wrote:
>> > I haven't tried that, but if we stop the application then restart it,
>> > everything works again.  That is until we get another Disk I/O error
>> > which happens the next day.
>> > I'm wondering if the virus scanner is blocking the database write.

Best regards,
 Teg                            mailto:t...@djii.com