From: sqlite-users-boun...@sqlite.org [sqlite-users-boun...@sqlite.org] on
behalf of Mickey Mestel [mmes...@epocrates.com]
Sent: Friday, February 25, 2011 8:37 PM
To: sqlite-users@sqlite.org
Subject: EXT :[sqlite] long insert statement failing on iPhone

hi all,

        new to the list.

        we are compiling the sqlite.c amalgamation file into our project, as we
want to encrypt the database, and the sqlite that comes with the iOS sdk does
not allow for that.

        we are developing on iOS 4.2, and to date have tried 3 different
versions of sqlite.c, all of which have the same effect.

        the issue is that when we prepare a statement like:

        insert into tablename (foo, foo1, foo2) values (?,?,?)

        and that statement is longer that roughly 250 characters, the table
name and sometimes the column name are getting munged, most often over written
with one of the column names in the table, or column list in the statement,
wherever it is getting it from.

        i've just started on this problem, so i may not yet have a lot of
details, but by the time we are in yy_reduce() and calling sqlite3Insert(), the
corruption has already taken place.  so i'm trying to trace this back and see
what is going on.

        this only happens on the device, not the simulator, unfortunately.  the
sqlite library that comes with iOS does not exhibit this behavior.

        any thoughts or pointers or help?

        thanks,

        mickm