On 2/9/2011 7:42 PM, Sam Carleton wrote:
> Currently I have two and sometimes three clients access the SQLite db, all
> on the same machine.
>
> * A C# program that doesn't ever stay connection all that long.
> * An Apache application that stays connected all the time.
> * A Qt application that stays connected when it is running.
>
> I am getting report that when the Qt application is running, the Apache
> application is crashing.  The only connection is the SQLite db.
If your configuration uses a separate user on the apache side and a
different user on your other applications,
check that file permissions actually allow everyone to access the DB.
(check the created journal/wal files for the right permissions and owners)
if you apache cannot open r/w the journal files (esp with WAL) because
the other user created the temp files,
it will fail.

thilo
> It is my understanding that SQLite is designed to allow multiple clients
> from the same computer to access the DB file at one time.  Assuming this to
> be true, what is the ideal flags when opening the file?
>
> The system does far more reading then writing.  I am currently using v3.6, I
> have not upgraded to v3.7 and WAL, would that also work to my advantage?
>
> Sam

Dipl. Ing. Thilo Jeremias
Zur Rabenwiese 14
27239 Twistringen