On Thu, May 19, 2011 at 1:23 PM, Nico Williams <n...@cryptonector.com>wrote:

> On Thu, May 19, 2011 at 12:01 PM, Richard Hipp <d...@sqlite.org> wrote:
> > Anythings possible.  But we've been using Fossil heavily, daily, for 4
> years
> > now without any hints of these kinds of problems.  So fundamental bugs
> like
> > what you propose seem improbable.  I'm thinking something else is going
> on.
>
> Is TLS used?  If not, is data sent over HTTP integrity protected in
> any way (e.g., with hashes)?  If not, then the tcl script errors are
> probably due to on-the-wire corruption.

Everything is protected by multiple cryptographic hashes, both SHA1 and
MD5.  On-the-wire corruption is not a realistic possibility.

Is that normal?  The missing whitespace between '{*}' and '$result'
> causes make test failures.

There is not suppose to be a space between the {*} and the $.  The {*}$var
is a relatively new construct in TCL that means to expand the variable as
one or more space-separated arguments.  It is a safer alternative to the old
"eval" command.

--
D. Richard Hipp
d...@sqlite.org