I just had an amusing realization... if SQLite itself won't change,
then the problem falls on the shoulders of System.Data.SQLite, which
is incidentally also handled by this mailing list.  It's ultimately
this code that is causing the problem because of the case mentioned
here:

    private void BindParameter(int index, SQLiteParameter param)
    {
      if (param == null)
        throw new SQLiteException((int)SQLiteErrorCode.Error,
"Insufficient parameters supplied to the command");

This exception is being thrown because SQLite is eating one of the
parameters as Richard mentioned.

I haven't analyzed the consequences of changing or disabling the check
in some way.  If somebody beats me to it, I'd be happy about that too.
:)

         Patrick Earl