2011/6/30 Jean-Christophe Deschamps <j...@antichoc.net>

> If you _need_ exclusiveaccess all along, then start app, "begin
> exclusive", do your stuf, "commit" and exit.

The 'problem' is that the application can run for the whole day.

> What I don't get is you later say it's a single-user, single-app
> use.  You don't have to take that much care in this case.

In principal could the user use another program to change the database. But
maybe I am paranoid. ;-}

At the moment I am not even writing to the database. But I like to be
prepared. To often things are not important, but when they become, it is to
late. (When it is raining, you can not repair your roof. When it is not
raining, it is not necessary.)

--
Cecil Westerhof