2011/7/1 Jean-Christophe Deschamps <j...@antichoc.net>

> > > If you _need_ exclusiveaccess all along, then start app, "begin
> > > exclusive", do your stuf, "commit" and exit.
> > >

> >The 'problem' is that the application can run for the whole day.
>
> Granted. And the 'problem' is ???

That there is not a clear R-M-W cycle. The data is read when starting up on
eight o'clock, but maybe only at three in the afternoon something is
changed. But the current solution is good enough. When starting the program
for a second time (because you forgot it was already open), the second one
is terminated with a message that the database is locked.

When I make sure I do a COMMIT after a change and immediately a BEGIN
EXCLUSIVE, I do not have to worry about anything.

--
Cecil Westerhof