From: sqlite-users-boun...@sqlite.org [sqlite-users-boun...@sqlite.org] on
behalf of Alexey Pechnikov [pechni...@mobigroup.ru]
Sent: Friday, July 29, 2011 7:44 AM
To: General Discussion of SQLite Database
Subject: EXT :Re: [sqlite] LevelDB benchmark

2011/7/29 Black, Michael (IS) <michael.bla...@ngc.com>:
> What they don't say explicitly is that if all you need is key/value
> capability then an SQL database is overkill and only slows you down (bit of a
> duh factor there though not obvious to neophytes).

The overhead by SQL layer is small. And are used prepared statements in test.
As I see LevelDB use data integrity equal to SQLite WAL mode with
disabled fsync. And LevelDB is limited only single-thread access. With
the patched test SQLite is about
2x - 20x slower and it's absolutly normal I think. With dirrefent
page_size we can make
some tests faster.

P.S. There is constant database created by DJB. And exists patch to
drop "constant"
limitation. IMHO it's functionally equal and better solution than LevelDB...

--
Best regards, Alexey Pechnikov.
http://pechnikov.tel/