On 2 Sep 2011, at 10:04am, Filip Navara wrote:

> The time to create an index on my 266 Mb experimental database is more
> than 9 minutes. The database is available at
> http://www.emclient.com/temp/mail_index.zip and the command I use to
> create the index is
>
>  CREATE INDEX "idx_MailAddresses_address" ON "MailAddresses" ("type",
> "address", "parentId");
>
> I had run the shell under profiler

Strangely, on my Mac running the shell tool provided with OS X 10.7.1, SQLite
3.7.5, there seems to be a problem.  It's still going after more than 2 hours.

only seems to be using about 1% of one of my CPUs.  I looked to see if it was
i/o bound instead of CPU bound but it seems only to be reading 320KB/s and my
computer can handle a lot more than that.  (All above figures from Activity
Monitor.)

Simon.