On Thu, Sep 22, 2011 at 06:17:06PM +0200, JM scratched on the wall:
> Hello All
>
> I'm relatively new to sqlite and database stuff and I have a question
> concerning indices in sqlite:
>
> If I create an index for a table to speed up searches, etc. and then do
> writing operation on that table (including removals and changes of
> lines), will I have to remove and recreate the index manually or will
> the recreation of the index be handled automatically by sqlite?

  Indexes are updated automatically.  Note: this means indexes will
  speed up queries, but incur a performance penalty for
  insert/update/delete operations.

  Stats (see ANALYZE) are *not* updated automatically, so if you are
  using those and your table stats are somewhat dynamic, you may need
  to re-run ANALYZE.

   -j

"Intelligence is like underwear: it is important that you have it,
 but showing it to the wrong people has the tendency to make them
 feel uncomfortable." -- Angela Johnson