Hi All,

I have been trying to see how we can make one of our databases more space efficient. I am now looking at seeing if we have the right indexes and if there is a way to save space by removing indexes.

Is there some way to make use of the fact that the data can be sorted by a specific column in the desired order before it is imported into the table, or do we need to create an index on that column anyway? Eliminating the index could save us space. One of the things in our case is that the data is in a read only database (and further compressed/ encrypted by CEROD).

Any ideas?

Best Regards,
Mohit.
8/10/2011 | 12:29 AM.