Thanks Petite!

On 9/10/2011 10:58 PM, Petite Abeille wrote:
On Oct 9, 2011, at 4:49 PM, Mohit Sindhwani wrote:

Maybe, if we had a column called 'published_date' and we did a query for data
within a date range.. the fastest way to get the information back would be to
have an index on that column.  Suppose we sorted all the data by date - would
there be a way to use that information so that we don't have to create the
Not really. Alternatively, you could partition your data into different tables
and then simulate partition pruning at query time. This is not supported
directly by SQLite, but is straightforward enough to simulate.

http://www.orafaq.com/tuningguide/partition%20prune.html

I'll take a look.

Maybe, I'm worrying about the wrong things :)
Maybe.

Thanks for indulging me, nonetheless :)

Best Regards,
Mohit.