I would like to stick my neck out over the chopping block and agree.  My
experience is the opposite, but appears to support Puneet's assertion.
 With me, it takes my C# application 12 seconds to pass 103,00 records and
insert 98,000 rows into the db from it.  The next time I run the
application (which starts with a fresh db,) it takes 7 seconds or less.
 This leads me to be believe the O/S still has the original file cached, so
it's i/o performance is much improved.

dvn