Paxdo Presse <pa...@mac.com> wrote:
> a question from a beginner please:
>
> SQLITE with WAL mode.
>
> If my write transactions consume an average of 10 ticks (1 ticks = 60th of a
> second), it means that I can get very approximately
> 6 write operations per second? (with a recent computer powerful enough).

I'm not quite sure what you mean by "write operation". Usually, you would want
go group a few thousand of, say, INSERT statements into a single transaction,
precisely because committing a transaction is expensive and you want to
amortize that expense across many row writes.

> At the same time, how many read operations (an average
> of 10 ticks) do you think SQLITE can do?

This question makes no sense to me. You declare up front how long each
"operation" would take, then turn around and ask how many of them you can
perform in a given time. Haven't you answered your own question already?
--
Igor Tandetnik