Le 14 nov. 2011 à 15:38, Igor Tandetnik a écrit :

> Paxdo Presse <pa...@mac.com> wrote:
>> a question from a beginner please:
>>
>> SQLITE with WAL mode.
>>
>> If my write transactions consume an average of 10 ticks (1 ticks = 60th of a
>> second), it means that I can get very approximately
>> 6 write operations per second? (with a recent computer powerful enough).
>
> I'm not quite sure what you mean by "write operation". Usually, you would
> want go group a few thousand of, say, INSERT statements into a single
> transaction, precisely because committing a transaction is expensive and you
> want to amortize that expense across many row writes.
>
>> At the same time, how many read operations (an average
>> of 10 ticks) do you think SQLITE can do?
>
> This question makes no sense to me. You declare up front how long each
> "operation" would take, then turn around and ask how many of them you can
> perform in a given time. Haven't you answered your own question already?

No, I do not know how many "readind threads" SQLITE can handle simultaneously.

Since with WAL, there are two files, one for writing and another for the
database / reading.

The writing is sequential, so I guess only one thread at a time.

But for reading? Are multiple threads can "simultaneously" perform read
operations?