Od: "Kees Nuyt" Komu: Datum: 14.11.2011 15:52
Předmět: Re: [sqlite] 3.7.7.1 database corruption

On Mon, 14 Nov 2011 14:16:46 +0100, "Alexandr N?mec"
wrote:

Dear Richard,

huh, thanks very much for the information, I see.
But anybody having an idea how this can happen?
There was a power outage and after restart 6 pages
of the database file are missing...
We checked the disk carefuly, no bad sector etc.
What can be the reason for this?

The disk or the filesystem may have confirmed a write or sync
while in fact the data wasn't on disk yet.
Maybe the filesystem metadata is updated in a separate
transaction, or your filesystem doesn't journal metadata.
fsck only repairs inconsistencies it can find, depending on teh
filesystem used there are quite a few corruptions it cannot detect
nor repair.

Did you use any dangerous PRAGMA to speed things up, like running
without database journals?
Does some startup script remove journal files before the database
is connected to by an application?
--
 (  Kees Nuyt
 )