Hi Abhinav,

On 21/11/2011 2:52 AM, Abhinav Upadhyay wrote:
On Mon, Nov 21, 2011 at 12:17 AM, Mohit Sindhwani<m...@onghu.com>  wrote:
What I'd like to be able to do is something like this:
- let's say that the FTS4 table has values such as:
* mohit sindhwani, onghu
* john doe, gmail
* james ling, alibaba
* john barn, yahoo
...and so on

If the user enters "j", I'd like to suggest that this would complete to the
words:
john and james in the current set

If the user enters 'ling j', I'd like to restrict it and say:
james is the only word that can be matched now
james ling, alibaba is the result

I think you might want to look at Token Prefix queries:
http://sqlite.org/fts3.html#section_3

I think my examples muddied the waters. I have looked at Section 3 of the FTS documents and that lets me bring back the "full result" that matches - so, if I search for 'ling j', it can tell me that the result that matches is 'james ling, alibaba'. What it does not let me do is figure out that the partly entered term "j" completes to the word 'james' - that is the part I'm trying to figure out.

Best Regards,
Mohit.