On Fri, Dec 02, 2011 at 12:44:53AM -0800, destiny12 scratched on the wall:

> I m facing some problem in execution of sqlite's fail algorithm. Its
> definition says that it don't rollback changes made prior to encountering
> constraint voilation and changes to that row where constraint voilation is
> occured and beyond never occur. I executed it. But when I update values
> after the row which is encountering constraint voilation,it do that. But
> definition is saying different thing. What can be the problem. Please tell
> by an example that how it is executed. Thanks.

  Remember that the rows of a table have no inherent order, so you
  don't always know what order of the update.  This can make it
  difficult to understand which rows re "after" the row violation, and
  which were processed first.

  Also understand that the fail is only applied once per UPDATE
  statement.  If you re-run the update, the command will run until it
  re-encounters the violation.  it is possible the order will change,
  so the row causing the constraint violation may not be the first row
  subsequent UPDATE commands attempt to modify.

   -j

"Intelligence is like underwear: it is important that you have it,
 but showing it to the wrong people has the tendency to make them
 feel uncomfortable." -- Angela Johnson