Hi,

We've being working with SQLite version 3.6.22 in our project and we wish to upgrade it to the latest one. During the tests with the new library version, we noticed a strange behavior related to a trigger which updates the last inserted row. We where able to simplify the data model and produce a test case which can be executed using the sqlite3 shell. Here are the outputs:

Execution with latest SQLite 3.7.9:
c:\>sqlite3shell.exe -init .\test_case.sql ":memory:"
Expected result: 31|10
Problematic result: 31|0
31|0
SQLite version 3.7.9
Enter ".help" for instructions
Enter SQL statements terminated with a ";"
sqlite> .quit
c:\>

Execution with latest SQLite 3.6.22:
c:\>sqlite3shell.exe -init .\test_case.sql ":memory:"
Expected result: 31|10
Problematic result: 31|0
31|10
SQLite version 3.6.22
Enter ".help" for instructions
Enter SQL statements terminated with a ";"
sqlite> .quit

We are using the amalgamation version of the source for both libraries and here are the compilation defines:
TEMP_STORE=3
SQLITE_THREADSAFE=2
SQLITE_DEFAULT_CACHE_SIZE=65568
SQLITE_DEFAULT_TEMP_CACHE_SIZE=65568
SQLITE_MAX_ATTACHED=30
SQLITE_ENABLE_COLUMN_METADATA
SQLITE_ENABLE_UNLOCK_NOTIFY

The error was also reproduced on the original library available for Ubuntu 10.10. Additional information is available in the test_case.sql script comments.

        Thanks for the assistance.
        Regards,
        Alessandro Merolli.