From: sqlite-users-boun...@sqlite.org [mailto:sqlite-users-boun...@sqlite.org]
On Behalf Of Simon Slavin
Sent: Wednesday, January 04, 2012 10:33 AM
To: General Discussion of SQLite Database
Subject: Re: [sqlite] Performing Backup via TCL, receiving error

On 4 Jan 2012, at 1:53pm, Tilsley, Jerry M. wrote:

> How can I "upgrade" the existing database files to the new version?

Use the sqlite3 shell tool to open the database.  You can download a
precompiled version here:

<http://www.sqlite.org/download.html>

Open the database

OS prompt> sqlite3 mydatabase.s3

once in the shell tool dump the database to a file of SQL commands needed to
reproduce it:

sqlite3> .output newdatabase.txt
sqlite3> .dump
sqlite3> .quit

The shell tool may have crashed while doing the .dump command.  If so, tell us.
 Otherwise you should now have a big new text file with lots of SQL commands
in, so use it to make a new database:

OS prompt> sqlite3 newdatabase.s3

sqlite3> read newdatabase.txt
sqlite3> .quit

You should now have a new database file containing the same data as the old
one, but it should definitely not be corrupt.

Simon.

Disclaimer****
This email is confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual to
whom it is addressed.  Any views or opinions presented are solely those of the
author and do not necessarily represent those of St. Claire Regional Medical
Center.  If you are not the intended recipient, be advised that you have
received this email in error and that any use, dissemination, forwarding,
printing or copying of the email is strictly prohibited.  If you received this
email in error please notify the St. Claire Regional Helpdesk by telephone at
606-783-6565.