From: sqlite-users-boun...@sqlite.org [mailto:sqlite-users-boun...@sqlite.org]
On Behalf Of Stephan Beal
Sent: Wednesday, January 04, 2012 10:45 AM
To: General Discussion of SQLite Database
Subject: Re: [sqlite] Performing Backup via TCL, receiving error

On Wed, Jan 4, 2012 at 4:40 PM, Simon Slavin <slav...@bigfraud.org> wrote:

> In that case, the problem is not caused by a corrupt database file.
> It now seems more likely that you have discovered an obscure bug, or
> are using a version of SQLite not compiled for your platform, or have
> some other compatibility problem.  I will have to let one of the experts
> figure it out.

(without claiming to be one of those experts...)

It's possible that the segfault is related to the symlinking of
libtcl8.4.12 from last night's thread. Ideally the test should be performed on
a build where that kludge was _not_ used. If the build linked to one copy of
libtcl but is trying to use a different one at runtime, a segfault would almost
certainly result.

--
----- stephan beal
http://wanderinghorse.net/home/stephan/

Disclaimer****
This email is confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual to
whom it is addressed.  Any views or opinions presented are solely those of the
author and do not necessarily represent those of St. Claire Regional Medical
Center.  If you are not the intended recipient, be advised that you have
received this email in error and that any use, dissemination, forwarding,
printing or copying of the email is strictly prohibited.  If you received this
email in error please notify the St. Claire Regional Helpdesk by telephone at
606-783-6565.