From: sqlite-users-boun...@sqlite.org
[mailto:sqlite-users-boun...@sqlite.org] On Behalf Of Folkert van Heusden
Sent: woensdag 4 januari 2012 15:21
To: sqlite-users@sqlite.org
Subject: [sqlite] /**** ERROR: (11) database disk image is malformed *****/

Hi,

Occasionally my sqlite database (which recides on a jffs2 filesystem on a
nor flash) gets corrupt. Of course, I would like to fix that.

While debugging such a corrupt database, I found the following:
Pgno: 2
btreeInitPage: corrupt flag byte is: 01
database corruption at line 49445 of [c7c6050ef0] line 49445 is: return
SQLITE_CORRUPT_BKPT (in decodeFlags) the line number is a little bit
offsetted due to added debug code I used version 3.7.9 to debug the problem.
the program using sqlite is using 3.6.18. no triggers used.
I checked that the pagesize is 1024 bytes (with PRAGMA page_size;).

What could be the cause of this?
- the system writing garbage to the flash disk?
- not all data being flushed correctly? (e.g. a partial write)
- bug in 3.6.18?

If it helps I can give a hexdump of the first 3KB of the databasefile.

Thanks,

Folkert van Heusden