On 8 Feb 2012, at 1:13am, David Barrett wrote:

> On 02/07/2012 05:08 PM, Richard Hipp wrote:
>> There are no known limitations on the use of PRAGMA synchronous=OFF, WAL
>> mode, and shared cache together.
>
> Ah, I guess that blows that theory.  But thanks for the quick and thorough
> response nonetheless.  I'm a huge sqlite fan.  I just wish I could figure out
> this (non)malformed database issue!

Asking some standard debugging questions, not because I have a clue to your
problem, but to give the experts some clues about what to ask for.

Is your shared access to the database multi-thread, multi-process, or
multi-computer ?  If multi-computer, how is each computer accessing the
database file: which sort of network access are you using ?  If there's a local
computer, what format is the hard disk formatted in ?

The result codes indicating 'malformed database' are transient, right ?  After
getting that result code, you can try the operation again immediately and
perhaps not get that result code ?

Have you ever seen them when you have only one thread, one process working on
the database ?

Do they happen when you have more than one thread/process reading the database ?

Do they happen when you have more than one thread/process writing the database ?

Simon.