I have a 'database is locked' issued which can be reproduced as follows.

I have two applications opening the database in WAL mode. The threading
mode is SERIALIZED.  Environment is  PC/Linux.

Step1: Launch App1 followed by App 2 ( same executables)
Step 2: App1 Prepares a SELECT statement and executes the statement.
Step 3: The statement is not reset and finalized.
Step 4: App1 wait on keyboard input
Step 5 : App2 prepares a statement to update a few records. The statement
is  executed, reset and finalized
Step 6: Go back to App1, prepare an UPDATE/INSERT statement and execute it.

Result: 'database is locked' error is thrown by App 1

App2 should have released the exclusive lock after it has reset and
finalized the statement.Hence App1 should not have encountered SQLITE_BUSY
when writing.

What could be the cause ?

Kind Regards,
Sreekumar