On 10 Feb 2012, at 5:29pm, Sreekumar TP wrote:

> Can this situation be handled in sqlite -  by upgrading the lock to a
> writer lock  ? Since both applications use the same WAL file for read and
> writes, it shouldnt be a problem , because all changes will be in linear
> sequence ?

SQLite handles all of this perfectly.  We don't understand why you have a
problem.  Why are you starting a SELECT command, then waiting to finalize it
for a long time ?

Just do your SELECT and complete it.  When you're ready to make the changes in
your your transaction, do that.  There is no need for the SELECT and the
changes to be part of the same transaction.

Simon.