On 1 Mar 2012, at 11:51pm, Himadri Sarkar <sark...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I am a newbie to the SQLite user group and was wondering if anyone has
> tried to use SQLite to build the new Windows metro style applications and
> if yes is there a step by step approach written down somewhere?

I have a colleague who has done it, with a pre-release version of Windows 8.
There was no problem with it.  Just include the C source code for the API in
you project and make sure your compiler knows it's C and not C++.

His project was a very simple demonstration and didn't use every facility of
SQLite.  And he didn't put it through thorough testing.  So it's possible there
is a problem hidden there.  But the basics (opening, exec INSERT and SELECT,
closing) worked as expected.

Simon.